Saturday, April 24, 2010

Show Date: April 24, 2010 - The Stafford

What's up!!! So we had just released our new EP "Rabbits & Royalty," it was getting on iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody - all that good stuff and college radio and internet stations were picking up on it and playing our tunes which was cool as hell, and then in addition we get word from legendary producer John Douglas, the same producer who worked with John Lennon, The Who, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick and more, that he thought we were an excellent band and he felt there were really good things in store for us. That coming from a legend was very comforting to say the least.

So we roll into Bryan/College Station for a show with Love Me Last, The Loveletter and Reagan Browne who was on tour from LA. All the bands were great, I loved the R&B feel to Love Me Last's acoutic vocals, The Loveletter where punk/freeform/unabandoned rock and Reagan Browne was just polished old school rock-n-roll. But I did have a little beef with Reagan Browne that didn't stem from any of the guys personally. You see, I take Myspace way way way too seriously. I openly admit this and it's a problem I'm working on, but I see no cure in the foreseeable future.

It turns out that when a band doesn't allow friend requests from other bands, I think that they're complete douches. Why? Do you ask. I mean, it's Myspace, who and their grandma gives a rat ass, but my rational flows thus-ly: When you add someone personal Myspace, you're basically connecting with 1 person, but when you add a band's Myspace, you're potentially connecting with 5 or more people (assuming of course, they're not a solo artist or an acoustic act.) So it aggs me when bands don't recognize the potential to cross market.

Then on top of that, a band obviously doesn't want to accept other bands because they don't want bands spamming their page and comments, but you can filter comments you know, and weren't you once a young band busting your ass to get the word out and for you to knock other young acts for doing it is a dick move. Don't forget your roots and where you came from. Never.

So that being said when I was adding the bands we were playing with and saw that Reagan Browne didn't allow requests from bands, I though they were asses, but when I actually met them they turned out to be really cool guys. Except when they cockblocked a couple of cute females I was hitting on. But they traveled all the way from LA. I'll give them a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment