Thursday, February 25, 2010

Show Date: February 25, 2010 - Rocbar

Back at Rocbar. We've had our issues playing Rocbar in the past, but sometimes you gotta let bygones be bygones, clear the slate and start afresh with good intentions. Our good friend Nick asked us to play as he was taking over booking for Rocbar on Thursday nights.

This would be the first time we played with After Time Has Passed, a great progressive instrumetal band from here. It's only two guys, drums and guitar, but you'd never know it by the precision, musicianship and stage presence they bring.

I was trying to help them load up their kit (Rocbar is like on the second floor so it takes some grunt work to load in) and they got a little angsty. Turns out Matt, their drummer, got over $3000 worth of cymbals stolen at a Scout Bar gig. That sucks, believe me, do you know what I could do with $3000??? Do you know how many bourbon and cokes that is???

It was a pretty decent show. I pulled out my old "dolphin on the string" trick which I had been wanting to do since Gary's Spot. Basically glue a helium balloon in the shape of a dolphin on some fishing line and tie it to your pants so it floats with you wherever you go. I felt like Poseidon.

Fun was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment