Thursday, March 18, 2010

Show Date: March 18, 2010 - SXSW


We were playing SXSW. We came a long way since a year ago when it seemed that nobody wanted to book us and bands didn't want to play with us, to headlining Mardi Gras Galveston and playing SXSW.

It was the Texas Rockfest and we were going to be playing with some major badasses like The Vettes, Nothing More, Opus Dai, One Eyed Doll, Mothers Anthem, Ahimsa Sunrise, and many many more. It was really my first time in Austin and if felt like the New Orleans of Texas. There were people everywhere, lined throughout every block and pouring into the streets. Everywhere you turned there was music. It was so festive and there was a real sense of camaraderie.

I was meeting people from all over the world who were united by their love of music. It was a beautiful thing.
But the highlight of SXSW for me by far was meeting Eric "muthafucking" Estrada who told me he was my number one fan. I teared up, it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment