Thursday, July 16, 2009

Show Date: July 16, 2009 - Fitzgerald's

Okay, this show had more drama wrapped around it than when I slept with my stepmother.

When Gabe had set this up it was originally gonna be at Rocbar with Peekaboo Theory and Weirdo. We had definitely been wanting to play with Peekaboo Theory for a while and they finally agreed to hook it up with us. Chris over at Rocbar had thrown a few dates at us and then confusion set in.

We could never lock down a definite date with Chris so we decided to change venues to Fitzgerald's, which was my first choice anyway. But then it turns out because of the confusion Peekaboo Theory got locked in to play Rocbar the same night as our show because they thought it was the show we had set up.

No problem, we replace them on the bill with A dream Asleep who along with American Fangs is one of my top Houston bands. They are a hardcore band but they get in where they fit in and can play on any type of show. So we have the line up are doing promotions and 4 days before the show Weirdo calls and says their bass player is hurt and can't play the show. What you gonna do? Only it was uncovered that their bass player wasn't hurt, they took another gig that offered them more money.

I am not gonna fault anyone for that, but we told them, listen, we're adults, you could have just told us you got a better paying gig, you didn't have to lie. That's when all pandemonium ensued. They called Gabe and cursed him out, saying that no one calls them a liar, he doesn't know how to run a business and all sorts of immature childish nonsense that was even below my level of maturity and that's saying something. We just shook our heads and moved on, they're just insecure dicks.

One thing that stuck with me though is I never ever heard someone refer to their band as a business. I mean I understand you want to carry yourself with a certain level of professionalism, but I'm not doing this so I can fill out a 1099 at the end of the year. I do this cause I love it. It shocked me to hear them say that, but I guess they don't call them Weirdo for nothing.

So The Hidden Images did us a huge favor and took the show on such short notice and once again, we had a fantabulous blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment