Friday, October 16, 2009

Show Date: October 16, 2009 - Peekaboo Theory

So we finally get to perform with Peekaboo Theory at Rudyard's along with MacAdams. Now Peekaboo Theory is one of my favorite H-town bands right now. We had been trying to do a show with them for awhile. We had booked a show with them before but that fell through, so it finally felt good to be able to hit the stage with them.

Even though we put the show together, we had Peekaboo headlining with us as direct support. The only thing is in most of the press announcements and promotion leading up to the show we were billed first, which was an oversight and not fair to Peekaboo Theory. If they're doing the heavy lifting they should get top billing.


So at the show, I went up to them and I apologized that they weren't billed first in most of the promotions and man, they were so cool, they were like, 'naw, it's cool, man. Lotus Effect are cool, they actually put this on, and we're been trying to do something with them for a long time.' (At that time, they only dealt with Gabe, so even though they knew me from all of their shows I've been to, they had no idea I sang for the band.) Them boys are just cool as hell.

So after MacAdams we set up and perform and I learned a very important lesson that day.

Never slam a mic down at Rudyard's. Never. Unless it's your own. At the end of a song I slammed the mic down into a pile of shirts that I had brought onstage to throw out into the ground. It was a calculated move, I figured the shirts would cushion the mic which they did. The soundman though thought I had slammed it straight to the ground and got so mad that he killed all our mics.

I didn't know what had happen I thought I had disconnected something but after a time they came back on and we finished the show. It was only afterwards that Perry from MacAdams told me that the soundguy was really pissed at me, so I manned up and apologized to him. So to everyone playing Rudyard's, don't slam their mics down. Bring your own if you want to do that. It's really just common sense.

Peekaboo Theory closed out the show with a slamming set. Every time I see them it's always such a different experience, but always a blast. Then we hurried home for our show at Java Junction the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment